Monday, April 7, 2008

Free Money

I posted this on my blog a couple months ago, but seeing as how few of you knew of its existence, I figured you might want to know about this:

Seeing as many of my friends and family members are recently married, I think the following link will quite.. rewarding.

https://diamondsclassaction.com/

De Beers had a class action lawsuit brought against them for artificially inflating the prices of diamonds. They were just found guilty. ANYONE that purchased ANY thing with diamonds (rings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, etc…) from Jan 1 1994 -> March 31 2006 is able to sign-up to be included in the payment. You did not have to buy your diamond from DeBeers nor does not have to be a DeBeers diamond. All you have to do is fill-out the form on the website by May 18 to get included. No receipts. (Now the rules say that they *may* come looking for proof of purchase, but I don’t see that happening.)

You won’t be getting back a ton of money, I think their website said the maximum payout for a $2000 diamond ring would be $640, but it is something. Also, while they are slicing up $270 million dollars… the more people that sign-up the less money that each person will get.

I’m all signed-up! You should be too!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

I signed up, no $ yet

Dave said...

Yeah, no money for me yet either... but since they are still accepting applications till May, I'm not expecting anything till June or July.

Curtis Hickman said...

Just signed up too... money money money.