Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Details!

Dave and I will be leaving around 12:30 and driving straight to the cabin. On the way we will stop by a food store to buy... socks. Anyway, we need to know what sort of food we should get with our socks. I presume that the BYOM rule is still in effect. I'm sure Wallmart will have a fine selection of B grade steak to choose from. However, we do need to decide who is bringing Pepsi (caffeine free of course... yes were old... and several you are attempting to be doctors so you should know better... unfortunately its too late for Tyler who has consumed twice the life time amount of the cancerous substance in his youth) Anyway, getting back to the point... DETAILS! Let’s figure this out... who is arriving when... and what are you bringing/ what should they bring.
If you read this too late... call someone- one of us will know what the plan is.

11 comments:

Dave said...

Here is a quick guess at things we need:
Steak
Pepsi
Chips
Potatoes
Onions
Bacon
Butter
Breakfast Stuff
Cereal
Milk
Donuts
-----
I can't think of any other food items we usually eat.

Roger said...

So I'm going to go down to St. George today (Thursday). I will be bringing some modules for role playing and my books/dice.

I can volunteer myself to get the potatoes, onions and butter. Possibly the bacon if I can get the appropriations approved from the finance committee (wife). If someone else wants to get a half dozen or so steaks and/or other stuff that would work out great.

Roger said...

Also I talked with Tyler and he will be for the most part not there friday. The wedding thing, but he said he would either come up late friday (like midnight) or early saturday morning.

Dave said...

I'm sure Curtis and I can grab the Pepsi, chips, and cereal (or something else if you guys speak up).
That leaves:
-------------
Steak
Bacon
Milk
and maybe Bacon.
-------------
Does anybody want something other than Pepsi?

Zochie said...

By my count we need six steaks. Do we want yummy steaks? We should go to costco and get them. The dutch oven is up there for potatoes, we already have charcoal and lighter fluid. We should also grab a couple munchies (chips, salsa, crackers, cookies, etc.). There is also plenty of water up there. We should also get some eggs. (Easy breakfast, works great with the leftover dutch oven potatoes.)

Zochie said...

Here is a quick run down, please modify at your own disgression:
Curt and Dave T:
Pepsi
Some other Soft Drink
Chips
Salsa
Cereal

Roger:
10 lbs Potatoes
2-4 yellow onions
2-3 sticks of butter

Travis:
Bacon
Eggs

Zollie:
Charcoal
Lighter Fluid
Milk

Tyler:
Unknown (Depends on when he is coming I guess)



So this leaves the steaks, and any thing I left out. If we want good steak, I can get them at costco then we can collect some dollars from everyone. Or it can be bring your own beef.

Zochie said...

One more thing. If you guys are leaving the Provo area at noonish and going straight to Kolob you might be a little early. It's probably about a 5 hour drive maybe 5 and a half. I don't get off work till 6, and I'm going to see if I can leave a little early, perhaps 5. So I won't be up there till 7 at the soonest.

What say ye?

Dave said...

I'll talk to Curtis, but I have no prob hanging around Kolob for a while... there are some areas that I have wanted to explore a bit.

The food list looks good. I am all for the Costco steaks.

Curtis Hickman said...

That all sounds good to me... I like how Dave and I are like a married couple now. Anyway, BYOM means bring your own meat... but if someone wants to buy a million steaks for all of us I’m down with that too. Otherwise I have a Costco membership and Dave and I can get our own before we leave town… it will undoubtedly be the most costly trip to Kolob I have ever been on… but if the great buffalo spirits are wiling… it will also be the best.

Dave said...

Curtis will not be coming down this weekend...I will explain later.
---
I will still be coming. My cell number is 822-4817. I will be chillin' up at Kolob waiting for you guys. I'll be driving a gold Chevy Malibu... so if you see it on the side of the road, it probably means I am exploring.

Tyler said...

so here is what i will do: for any of you reading this when this is nearly after the fact. I will call the Kabin when I get leaving Vegas. At that point i will either come up that night late, or early early in the morning. I will bring financial compensation for the meal I will consume. I will be riding my beautiful italian motorcycle and so my cargo carrying possibilities are very limited. I will pay someone to bring eggs and such for me. anyone?