If you didn't see it in IMAX... you messed up. No really. They filmed it in Imax... you have to go see it in Imax to see it the way it was intended... no joke... go see it in Imax if at all possible... as for recommendations... well I'm going to see it in Imax.. and have to wait in order to do so.. (common tuesday!) but they FILMED IT IN IMAX ... so i'm going to go see it... heh you get the point. To me seeing it any other way for the first time would be like watching Batman Begins on a 320x240 realplayer video the first time. If you don't have Imax... I understand... and pitty you.
Saw it in IMAX... and there were a *few* scenes that used the entire IMAX screen, but for a majority of the time it was regular 16:9 size (yes, it was letterboxed on the big screen).
The IMAX scenes were pretty cool (mostly sweeping views of the city-from what I remember), but I don't think watching it non-IMAX would be quite as bad as watching it on 320x240. But I haven't seen it on a "normal" movie screen...yet.
Bummer, I first read that all the action sceens would be shot in IMAX... I guess I imagined that this would equate to more than just 20 min of the film. And from what Dave says it could be less... man what a bummer.... o-well I'm seeing it tomorrow and i'm sure i'll love it. (oh and the 320x240 thing was in jest... i'm sure the film kicks major anus in the poor people theater too...) :P
4 comments:
Saw it last night. Second the recommendation.
If you didn't see it in IMAX... you messed up. No really. They filmed it in Imax... you have to go see it in Imax to see it the way it was intended... no joke... go see it in Imax if at all possible... as for recommendations... well I'm going to see it in Imax.. and have to wait in order to do so.. (common tuesday!) but they FILMED IT IN IMAX ... so i'm going to go see it... heh you get the point. To me seeing it any other way for the first time would be like watching Batman Begins on a 320x240 realplayer video the first time. If you don't have Imax... I understand... and pitty you.
Saw it in IMAX... and there were a *few* scenes that used the entire IMAX screen, but for a majority of the time it was regular 16:9 size (yes, it was letterboxed on the big screen).
The IMAX scenes were pretty cool (mostly sweeping views of the city-from what I remember), but I don't think watching it non-IMAX would be quite as bad as watching it on 320x240. But I haven't seen it on a "normal" movie screen...yet.
Bummer, I first read that all the action sceens would be shot in IMAX... I guess I imagined that this would equate to more than just 20 min of the film. And from what Dave says it could be less... man what a bummer.... o-well I'm seeing it tomorrow and i'm sure i'll love it. (oh and the 320x240 thing was in jest... i'm sure the film kicks major anus in the poor people theater too...) :P
Post a Comment